The Organic Acid Comprehensive Profile
Is a nutritional test that provides a look into organic acids and a view into the body’s cellular metabolic processes. Additionally, children’s reference ranges are designed to provide more accurate pediatric nutritional evaluations. By identifying metabolic blocks that can be treated nutritionally, we can lead to improved patient health outcomes.
Patients struggling from these conditions should benefit from this test:
- Sleep abnormalities
- Mood changes
- Multiple chemical sensitivities
- Autoimmune disorders
- Joint pain
- Accelerated aging
How It Works
The organic acid biomarkers are metabolic intermediates that are produced in pathways of central energy production, neurotransmitter breakdown, detoxification and intestinal microbial activity. When specific organic acids are found accumulating they often signal a metabolic insufficiency. These insufficiencies could be related to toxicity, a nutritional deficiency or an inherited enzyme deficit.
This simple, comprehensive test is valuable for determining:
- Functional vitamin and mineral insufficiencies.
- Amino acid insufficiencies like carnitine and NAC.
- Oxidative damage and antioxidant need.
- Phase I & Phase II detoxification capacity.
- Best functional markers of B-complex deficiency.
- Neurotransmitter metabolites to assess nervous system function.
- Mitochondrial energy production assessment.
- Methylation sufficiency status.
- Lipoic acid and CoQ10 status.
- Markers for bacterial and yeast overgrowth.